1/3 cup pecans (finely chopped)
1 1/3 ap flour
¼ cup brown sugar
teaspoon of salt
1 stick butter (small diced // chilled)
1 TB cold water
1. Combine all dry ingredients in a mixing bowl.
2. Cut in chilled butter and mix by hand until crust looks like coarse meal.
3. Add water and mix
4. Press crust into a greased pie pan and bake at 375 until golden brown (approx 15 min)
5. Let cool to room temp.
½ cup heavy cream
2 whole eggs
2 egg yolks
¾ cup granulated sugar
6 oz semi-sweet chocolate
1 oz butter
1. Whip heavy cream in a chilled bowl until medium peaks form. Place in da fridge until needed.
2. Place eggs and sugar in a bowl and whisk over a hot water bath on low heat. Whisk vigorously until the mixture is pale and makes thick ribbons.
3. Melt chocolate and butter in a bowl over the hot water bath.
4. Slowing whisk in the melted chocolate mixture into the egg mixture in three batches until completely incorporated.
5. Once the chocolate mixture is room temperature gently fold in the whipped cream in three batches until mixed.
6. Pour the mousse into the cooked pie crust and let the pie chill for at least 4 hours.
WHIP CREAM TOPPING
2 cups heavy cream
½ cup granulated sugar
1 tsp vanilla extract
1. Whisk ingredients together and gently plop on top of the chilled pie.
1 brick of semi-sweet chocolate
1. Use a chef’s knife to scrap the flat side of the chocolate brick so it curls.
2. Sprinkle generously over the top of the pie.