Although a slightly different recipe, if you’re a visual person you can view the steps to make the gnocchi in our video recipe.
5 medium size potatoes – roasted and riced while warm
2.25 cups flour
3 egg yolks
1 tsp salt
3 TBL fresh sage –
1 TBL butter
2 TBL Arugula Pesto
1 tsp lemon juice
1 tsp fresh parsley for garnish
1. Create a well with the riced potatoes and place the other ingredients in the center.
2. Chop the ingredients together with a dough scrapper until the dough forms.
3. Roll the dough out into a 1/2″ tube and cutting every 1/2″.
4. Roll on a gnocchi board or on the back of a fork.
5. Cook in salted boiling water for about 2 minutes until the gnocchi floats.
6. Sauté over medium heat in butter until golden brown. Once browned, add the pesto, lemon juice, and salt and pepper to season. Add the fresh parsley to garnish.
Follow along on Instagram: @kitchenandcook